Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bittersweet Mother's Day.........


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and that day can be a very sad time for many. I'm very fortunate that my mother is around for me to be able to celebrate this day with. My fiance on the other hand is not so lucky. This will be his first Mother's day without his mom. I know it's going to be very tough for him.....
Last year for Mother's Day, we got our two moms together at our house for a barbecue. It was the first (and only time) they had met. Peter's mom had just been diagnosed with cancer a few months before and was going through aggressive radiation and chemo. We lost her in August 2009.
We miss her so much, and that missing just escalates to new heights on days like these.
We love you Margaret, and we know that you are still with us in spirit and memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment