Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pre-Mother's Day Luncheon


We had a great time at our "mother's" get together at Hometown Buffet. The only mother missing was Sunshine's mom, Yvonne (my daughter). She's living in Arizona now, so we miss her often at our family get togethers.
The food was pretty good. We got there a little after 11:00, so had our choice of breakfast or lunch. I opted for lunch, and had chicken and enchiladas for my main dish. For dessert I did my usual.....brownie pieces on the bottom with vanilla ice cream, sprinkled with oreo cookie crumbs. Mmmmmmmmmm. Yes, I really pigged out. Didn't need to eat dinner after that! (Of course, I didn't list all the things I ate in between!)
This is our third year meeting the day before Mother's Day(non-consecutively). I believe this is going to become a new ritual for us and it actually works out really great for everyone.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment