Monday, June 8, 2009

Disney/Pixar's UP


(Picture from: http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2009/05/29/up_review/index.html)

We went to see this movie this last Saturday. It was really good. The only thing I didn't like was the unexpected extraction of emotion. I thought this movie was going to be just cute and funny. But it made me tear up at least 3 or 4 times!
We had the option to see it in regular mode or with 3-D. Of course the 3-D version was $3.00 extra per person, and that got you the special plastic 3-D glasses that you have to return to them at the end of the movie. Not that you have any use for them anytime after the movie anyway, but you want to hear something kind of funny? You know how down by the bottom of the movie screen is an emergency exit? Well, right before the movie was over they had an employee standing there to make sure that nobody took the glasses. I mean, I totally understand where they're coming from, but it was a funny sight to see. I was just imagining them chasing someone all the way to their car yelling and screaming, "Hey! Give those glasses back!". I don't know.....sometimes I think of some off-the-wall stuff.
I thought the 3-D was the best during the pre-movie sequences. During the movie it was good too.....just not AS good. Thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment