Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Family Visit

My visit with Nicole yesterday was very....interesting, for lack of a better word. I arrived at the Japanese restaurant (Tokyo Lobby) right before she pulled into the driveway. When I saw her park, and getting off the car, I rushed to meet up with her before going into the restaurant. Needless to say, I locked my keys in the car. I was very angry with myself at first, but then thought, "No big deal...I'll just call AAA". Well, once we went in and got seated, I realized that I had just changed my wallet that morning.....did I have my AAA card? Of course not. If Murphy's Law can in any way find a way into a situation in MY life, it will! OK, well I ended up calling my dad and he kindly called AAA and sent them over to me. Thank you Daddy!!
We had a great visit even though it was short. This was actually the second time I met her children, but they were so small the first time. It was at her baby shower years and years ago. So, it was really nice getting to know them. Fantastic kids!
As we leave and are saying our goodbyes outside in the parking lot, my cousin Tony shows up. What's he doing here? And so late? Nicole says she forgot to call him to let him know that the time was changed from 1:00pm to 11:30am! Aye, aye, aye! Poor Tony. Well, we did get to chat for a bit in the parking lot, and he gave me his email to keep in touch.....so all was not lost.
Then, I'm driving up Azusa Ave. towards home and I'm going at LEAST 40 mph, when this tiny dog runs right in front of my car! He was taking leaps like a jackrabbit does. I thought, " No! No. No! I can't hit this dog!". I pushed on the brakes and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to stop my car. I mean, when I first saw the dog it was about a foot in front of my car on the driver side headed towards the passenger side! I only got a quick glimpse of this tiny little thing, and it just disappeared in a second. I didn't feel a thump, but there's just no way I could have missed him. Along the right of the street was a row of bushes which I saw had sudden substantial movement. As if something had gotten thrown in them......ahhhh....whew! It had to be the little doggie jumping into them. I felt soooo relieved!
Well, that was my adventurous morning, and everything had a bright side to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment