Saturday, May 30, 2009

Introducing My New & Current Passion!


Aren't they just beautiful? These are my latest passion. Paper lanterns. I think about them all the time. Weird, huh? I find myself looking for pictures of them constantly (due to too much time on my hands, I'm sure).
It all started when I was researching wedding ideas on the internet. I saw pictures of these at wedding receptions, and I was hooked! I had never been to a wedding with paper lanterns, and had actually never even entertained the idea. I never knew it was something that was done. But as I dove into the research of these whimsical, romantic things I learned that they are quite popular. I began my quest to find the most inexpensive ones I could find, and bought about 28 of them for my reception in 3 colors. Purple, Lavender and White (I'm planning on buying about 4 more in Mulberry) shhhhh. Now, the ones that I found were considerably lower in price than all the others I found....including wholesale pricing! So where does this guy buy them from so cheap? I've been looking high and low to find a wholesaler to buy in bulk from so that I may sell them as a home based business. I've scoured the internet...even wholesalers in China and Thailand! But this guy has them so much cheaper. So I continue looking.....because this has developed into a dream for me. I really want to sell these things that I love, and bring beauty to people that seek them.
I've already got a "store" name picked out for myself, begun making rough drafts of business cards......I know, I know. Dorky, right? But that's me. It's all part of being a Pisces. It's the dreamer in me. A determined one at that.
I ran across some very inexpensive small paper lanterns....battery operated ones. I bought them. They are the ones pictured in my pic above. I figured I would give selling a little test run, and am currently trying to sell them online. I just wanted to see how well (or not well) they do. I'm crossing my fingers. But, even if they don't do well, I will continue with my research on finding larger colorful ones to sell. I mean, I can't give up on the first try, right?
Well, wish me luck. I'll write an update later on whether or not my lanterns sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment